DECEMBER – NEAHWA PARK ICE RINK HEADS FOR COVER
The City Recreation Department announces that the Neahwa Park portable ICE RINK will move to the LARGE PAVILION in the Park for the 2019-2020 winter season. We’re hopeful that this move will allow for more skating days (& nights), by providing cover during snow fall and winter storms. The lighting in the pavilion is excellent, and the City is happy to provide our community with a portable restroom unit on-site during the winter months.
- Ice hockey play or practice will no longer be allowed on our Neahwa Park portable-ice skating rink, recently relocated to the Park’s large pavilion.
- We request the cooperation of our community as we implement this new rule to better insure safety at our pavilion rink.
- This unique ice skating facility is specifically designed to accommodate recreational skating for children and families.
We invite our community to enjoy this small, but charming, family-friendly ice skating facility!
We hope to open sometime in December of this year, and continue in January-February of the coming year.
- Please watch for our season opening on the Recreation Facebook page. You may also call the Parks Information Line at (607)432-7997-for more immediate updates, which may include rink closing notifications due to poor-ice conditions.
- *Unfortunately, due to the small-size of our new facility, ice hockey will NOT be allowed at our Pavilion Ice Skating Rink in Neahwa Park.
Hours remain the same as last year:
- WEEKDAY HOURS: 9:AM-8:30PM;
- WEEKEND & HOLIDAY HOURS: 9:AM-7:30PM
Questions may be directed to Lou Lansing by calling the Recreation Department office at (607)432-0680, or by email at email@example.com.