EFFECTIVE APRIL 17, 2020 AT 8:00pm: Pursuant to Executive Order 202.17 issued by the NYS Governor, ALL passengers using Oneonta Public Transit MUST have face coverings or they will be denied access to ALL bus services.
- The dispatch window remains closed to the public. The lobby will remain open between 6:30am and 6pm for passengers to access the ticket vending machine.
- OPT is currently operating under a normal schedule and continues to operate Route 6 as advertised on the Otsego Express website.
- SUNY runs as follows:
- 1 bus operating Monday - Saturday from 7:00am to 5:30pm along the normal route.
- 1 bus operating Monday - Saturday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm on a continuous loop between SUNY Oneonta campus, WalMart and downtown.
- 1 bus operating on Sunday from 3:00pm - 5:30pm on regular route and then continuing (after a half hour stop) from 6:00pm - 9:00pm on a continuous loop between SUNY Oneonta campus, WalMart and downtown.
- There will be no pickup service Thursday, Friday and Saturday after 8pm on the SUNY Oneonta campus. After 8pm, it is drop off only.
Otsego Express has suspended the following routes:
- 5 - Gilbertsville (Gilbert Block - Post Office / Deli)
- 6 - Otego (Intersection Route 5 and Route 7) (This route now operates via Oneonta Public Transit)
- 9 - Oneonta (Workshop - Browne Street)
CDC Mask Order on Public Transit (click here for full order):
The following are attributes of masks needed to fulfill the requirements of the Order. CDC will update this guidance as needed.
•A properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth.
•Cloth masks should be made with two or more layers of a breathable fabric that is tightly woven (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source).
•Mask should be secured to the head with ties, ear loops, or elastic bands that go behind the head. If gaiters are worn, they should have two layers of fabric or be folded to make two layers.
•Mask should fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
•Mask should be a solid piece of material without slits, exhalation valves, or punctures.
The following attributes are additionally acceptable as long as masks meet the requirements above.
The following do not fulfill the requirements of the Order.
This information was updated February 1, 2021