EFFECTIVE APRIL 17, 2020 AT 8:00pm: Pursuant to Executive Order 202.17 issued by the NYS Governor, ALL passengers using Oneonta Public Transit MUST have face coverings or they will be denied access to ALL bus services.
Effective Wednesday, March 18th, 2020, Oneonta Public Transit has suspended all of its night buses.
Effective Monday, March 23rd, 2020, OPT will be operating on an abbreviated schedule which will include the following:
- The AM commuter run will continue to operate.
- The Cooperstown bus will run on its normal schedule Monday through Friday with hourly service from Oneonta to Cooperstown starting at 6am. The final run from Oneonta will depart at 5pm. The regular Saturday runs will continue.
- As of Monday, March 23, the SUNY run has moved to a call-for-service status. Anyone needing service can call 607-432-7100 between the hours of 9am and 3pm.
- Paratransit bus will run from 7am - 5:30pm.
- There will be no Sunday Southside bus.
- Service to Housing Visions will resume Monday, July 6.
- Effective Thursday, March 26 - the dispatch window will only be open between the hours of 9am and 3pm. Any calls to schedule special pickups should be made between those hours. The lobby will remain open between 6:30am and 6pm for passengers to access the ticket vending machine.
Please see below for the schedule effective Monday, April 6th.
In response to the need for employee transportation, OPT will be running a bus to Southside at 7:30 am and at 5pm in addition in to the below posted schedule.
COVID-19 Abbreviated Schedule (eff. May 18, 2020)
This information was updated July 6, 2020.
Otsego Express has suspended the following routes:
- 5 - Gilbertsville (Gilbert Block - Post Office / Deli)
- 6 - Otego (Intersection Route 5 and Route 7)
- 9 - Oneonta (Workshop - Browne Street)