CALL FOR PROPOSALS, MURAL DESIGN
The City of Oneonta Public Arts Commission is pleased to invite submissions for a mural design. The mural will be done on the exterior metal cladding of the Ford Sales Building on Market
Street. This is a temporary mural, as the building will be demolished within the next year. The size of the area that can be used (in part or whole) is approximately 8’ x 50’.
Proposals from established and emerging artists, individuals and teams, are encouraged. There is no application fee. The accepted proposal will be awarded $1,000.00 to cover paint, materials and stipend for the artist(s).
It is the Commission’s hope that the mural be a bold design that invites viewers to pause and enjoy color, shape, and energy. The Commissioners of the Oneonta Public Arts Commission will act as the jurors and choose the winning proposal.
The winning mural must be completed by March 11th (weather permitting).
To submit a proposal, send:
• your name and address or those of the artists on a team
• the email address we should use to communicate
• any website addresses that would be important for us to see
• a short written statement telling us about yourself or your team
• a short written statement telling us about the plan for your design
• 1-3 jpegs (each jpg no larger than 2mb) of the proposed design
Submission Deadline is January 7th, 2022.
Email your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of the email please write: mural proposal